Wondering how to utilize the leftover chicken? Then don’t give your brain a hard time and just shred the chicken to prepare a Chicken Sandwich with creamy Mayo. This Chicken Mayonnaise Sandwich includes cooked, chopped chicken as the prime element. Mixed veggies and spiced-up chicken slices tossed in Mayo sauce. Freshly cracked black pepper gives the filling a great seasoning and a mild dose of spiciness.
Also Read: 3 Sandwich Recipes To Eat Bread Deliciously
In the end, remember to coat the sandwiches with butter as it not only enriches the bread with a little more flavor but also prevents the mayo from soaking into the bread. The recipe yields a delightful crispy sandwich with a mouth-melting Chicken Mayo stuffing. The treat gets ready in just 20 minutes and is incredibly simple to make. A straightforward and satisfying meal that is suitable for lunch boxes as well as breakfasts, and snacks.
The story of the sandwich indicates that it originated during the 6th century featuring thick blocks of coarse stale bread called trenchers, which was piled up with meat and other foods. However, traces also provide a core evidence that sandwiches were invented in England in 1762. The majority of food historians concur that John Montagu, often known as “the 4th Earl of Sandwich”, introduced the sandwich. Montagu had a reputation for being a compulsive gambler who required sandwiches brought to him at the gaming table so that he could keep playing while he ate. His position gave the hearty meal cachet, and soon it became popular in the European continent. Earlier sandwiches incorporated slices of meat and bread. Due to its ease of preparation, portability, and limitless diversity, the sandwich has now been adopted into almost every global cuisine.
Prep time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Servings – 2
- 1 cup Chicken Chunks, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Black Pepper powder
- Salt, as per taste
- 6 bread slices
- 1 tbsp Butter
- In a large vessel, boil water over medium-high flame. Add the boneless chicken along with salt, ginger-garlic paste, and black pepper.
- Mix everything well. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until it is tender and soft. Let cool down for 5 minutes.
- Shred the chicken finely into thinly-sliced chunks. Let cool down completely.
- Move the sliced and flavored chicken to a large mixing bowl. Combine it with chopped capsicum, black pepper powder, salt, and mayonnaise.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon
- Take the bread and cut the edges
- Take one slice of bread and evenly spread the chicken filling. Cover with another bread slice over it. Apply the butter on both the outer sides of the sandwiches
- Repeat the procedure and make more sandwiches until the filling is completely utilized
- Now, transfer the buttery sandwiches to the toaster or grilled sandwich, one-by-one
- Once toasted, cut the sandwiches into halves forming a triangular shape
- Serve and enjoy crispy sandwiches with super moist filling!
So! This light, simple-to-make Chicken Mayonnaise Sandwich can capture anyone’s heart with its comforting flavours.