Organic Valley Family Fun Prize Pack Giveaway!
If you’re feeling lucky, you can enter here for a chance to win an Organic Valley Family Fun Prize Pack valued at $100!
My son is back to school, and that means we’re back to a busy schedule.
To help make these busy back-to-school nights less hectic, I’ve been on the lookout for recipes that are quick to make without compromising my family’s desire to eat meals using organic ingredients.
The author received Organic Valley products and compensation for this article. All thoughts and opinions expressed are her own.
It turned out I didn’t have to look any further than Organic Valley.
Their website is full of great recipes the whole family will love.
Happy cows make better milk
My family loves Organic Valley. I switched to organic products a little after my son turned two. I made the switch after doing research that showed switching to organic leaves out the bad stuff — like chemicals — while making room for the all-natural good stuff. Plus you don’t have to compromise on taste.
I chose Organic Valley as my family’s milk of choice because Organic Valley farmers never use antibiotics, synthetic hormones, or feed that is treated with harsh pesticides. Their standards are so high that they have even helped to pioneer the framework for the USDA organic rules.
Another big reason I Organic Valley thing? Because Organic Valley cows spend more time outside in pastures than 95% of US dairy cows!
Simply put, Organic Valley believes in letting cows be cows. Happy cows make better milk.
A delicious and quick dinner I can feel good about cooking my family
One of my favorite recipes from the Organic Valley website? Organic Valley’s 30-Minute Creamy Chicken Pasta. My son loves Organic Valley’s mozzarella cheese, so creamy chicken pasta was right up his alley. I love that Organic Prairie’s boneless, skinless chicken breasts contain no antibiotics, synthetic hormones, or harsh pesticides and that this meal only took 30 minutes to prepare. It’s perfect for a busy weeknight!
There are several other recipes on their website I am looking forward to trying too, from crepes to pies to a cheeseburger with special sauce….yum!
Here’s how to make 30-Minute Creamy Chicken Pasta:
Organic Valley’s 30-Minute Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 8oz. penne pasta (you can sub gluten-free!)
- 8 cups of water
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 16oz. Organic Prairie Chicken Breasts
- ½ Tbsp. crushed black pepper
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- Creamy White Sauce (see directions on how to make this simple and delicious sauce here!)
- ¼ cup Organic Valley Thick-Cut Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup seasoned Panko breadcrumbs, optional topping
1. Cook penne pasta in boiling, salted water per instructions on the package. Drain and reserve cooked pasta.
2. Season the Organic Prairie Chicken Breasts with the kosher salt and black pepper. In a large skillet, add seasoned chicken, and sear over medium high heat. Add chicken stock to the skillet to deglaze, reduce heat to low and simmer for 7 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
3. Add creamy white sauce to the simmering pan and reduce heat to medium low. Place cooked pasta back into the pan and incorporate white sauce to coat pasta.
4. Reduce the sauce, pasta, and chicken combination until it envelops the ingredients in an Organic Valley farmer hug (when the white sauces coats the chicken and noodles, and everything is warmed for serving). Remember, you don’t want to cook the noodles anymore here, otherwise they may become musky.
5. Top the dish with Organic Valley Thick Cut Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, zest of 1 lemon, and chopped fresh parsley. You can add seasoned Panko breadcrumbs if you so choose.
Looking for more great recipe ideas using Organic Valley products?
Check out our video where Organic Valley Partner, Registered Dietician, and Doula, Carly Knowles, demonstrates how to prepare Creamy Chicken Pasta, plus Overnight Oats with Yogurt and Fruit and Sheet Pan Breakfast Egg Sandwiches (with filling variations).
See Organic Valley’s whole recipe box here!
Pick up Organic Valley products at your local grocery store next time you’re shopping. You’ll feel good about what you’re feeding your family!