Want the perfect main dish for any day? Want a dish that is rich in Jamaican flavor? Then you should try out Jamaican brown stew chicken.
When we were growing up, we had Jamaican stew chicken regularly. Tea brown stew chicken recipe is now one of my favorite recipes.
Unlike most traditional stew recipes, the Jamaican brown stew chicken recipe takes a little more time. You will require a good deal of patience.
- You first need to wash the meat and marinate it in seasoning including dry seasonings and chopped aromatic. You will then light brown the meat in the oven or on the stovetop. You will subsequently stew it for around 30-40 minutes or until the meat is tender and falls off the bone.
- If you are not a fan of chicken skin, you can use skinless chicken. You can decide to use chicken with bone and skin but you should expect a longer cooking time.
What Are The Ingredients for Jamaican Brow Chicken Stew?
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- ½ Allspice teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon habanero pepper, minced
- I teaspoon smoked paprika
- I pinch salt
- brown sugar
- 1 large onion
How to Cook Brown Stew Chicken
This stewed chicken recipe will guide you by hand. It will offer you instructions that are easy to follow. If you follow every detail, you will get a successful result.
You should start by rinsing your chicken with vinegar and water. I don’t have an explanation for this but it is a rule that I borrowed from my mother.
- Place your chicken in a bowl along with salt, black pepper, ginger, garlic cloves, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar browning, and the other ingredients. That is a lot of ingredients but it is necessary if you want to achieve deep flavors.
- Mix all the ingredients while ensuring that your chicken is properly covered. Cover and place your chicken in the fridge, and allow it to marinate for at least 60 minutes. You can decide to marinate it overnight.
- When you are ready to cook, remove your ginger, garlic, peppers, onions, and the others from your chicken and place them in a separate bowl.
- Over medium heat, you should heat a large skillet and subsequently add the chicken pieces. Brown on each side for around two minutes.
- Remove your chicken and add your reserved seasonings to the pot and sauté them until softened, for around five minutes.
- Add your chicken back to the skillet along with your kitchen broth, ketchup, and water. Bring the mixture to a simmer. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes while stirring occasionally. To reduce the gravy, remove the cover from the skillet and simmer for 10 more minutes.
What Can You Eat With Brown Stew Chicken?
If you are using the Jamaican brown stew chicken recipe, you might want to know the best side dishes to complement brown stew chicken. Creamy mashed potato will add richness to the dish. It will fit well with a crunchy salad.
If you want the best side dish, opt for a vegetable side dish. Such a dish will complement the stew’s rich flavors while helping with reducing the calories. The best option will be a light salad. Because of its acidity, it will balance out the chicken stew’s richness.
A light salad is vibrant and fresh, it has no heavy dressings. It has a sweet, sour, and nice dressing. Because it is not complicated, you will prepare it quickly and easily.
If you have a big family with many people, a light salad will make your work easier because of its easy preparation. You can make it ahead of time and toss it in the fridge.
We love the combination of cornbread and brown chicken stew. Cornbread has a sweet and earthly flavor.
Sour cream cornbread can be the foundation of your meal. Brown stew chicken has a spicy depth which fits well with cornbread.
Do you want to give your bread a whole new level of texture and taste? Pair it with brown chicken stew. Bread will add great flavor and texture to your stews and soups. Bread is an instant favorite for many people.
Bread offers the best way to serve your brown chicken stew. It will not assume the flavor of your stew.
This is the best all-time combination for chicken stew. It is light and has a crunchy exterior. It will soak up the stew’s flavorful juices.
Bread and stew can never disappoint. You can easily make garlic bread at home. The garlic flavor works well with poultry.
Adding a crisp green salad and dinner rolls to your bowl of brown stew chicken will work wonders on your tongue. The rolls will add an element of moisture and crunch.
The Bottom Line
A hearty brown chicken stew is irresistible. The tender vegetables, hearty meat chunks, and rich broth combine to create a satisfying and comforting meal. For those who want to know about how to make stew chicken, they have found some answers in this article.