Buttermilk Fried Chicken is a flavorful and filling recipe. The buttermilk marinade is what makes this recipe stand out. We have shared the complete recipe packed with pro tips. Make Buttermilk Fried Chicken with us. Refer to the article and follow the right steps.
To prepare Buttermilk Fried Chicken, you only need chicken wings, buttermilk, hot sauce, and some rich spices. Marinate the chicken wings with buttermilk and hot sauce. Dredge them into the spices and deep-fry until they are golden brown.
The buttermilk marinade tenderizes the chicken wings and helps to achieve succulent flavors. So, make sure you marinate the chicken for an hour to achieve a better texture. Rest; the flour coating spiked with rich spices will create a flavorful crust.
So without further ado, jot down all the important steps and prepare buttermilk fried chicken. Find the detailed list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions below. Before that, let’s check out some other fried chicken recipes we’ve covered.
1. Fried Chicken without Buttermilk– Fried chicken without buttermilk is an absolute delight. It is crispy on the outside and soft and juicy on the inside. Allow me to help you with the detailed recipe for fried chicken prepared without buttermilk.
2. KFC Fried Chicken– If you are a chicken lover, you must love KFC and its flavorful chicken. KFC crispy fried chicken is one of the most popular items among all of their items. Here is a quick recipe of KFC’s crispy fried chicken for you to explore.
3. Popeyes Fried Chicken– Believe me; once you try this recipe, it will be better than the fried chicken that you eat at Popeye’s or any other outlet. Popeye’s make their fried chicken by marinating the chicken mixture of buttermilk and hot sauce overnight.
4. Thomas Keller Fried Chicken– Discover the making of Thomas Keller Fried chicken recipe at home. This is the only crispy fried chicken recipe you will ever need! It has a balanced taste of spicy and aromatic flavors of herbs.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Buttermilk Fried Chicken?
- Bowl- Marinate the chicken wings in a large bowl.
- Frying Pan – Deep-fry the chicken wings in a frying pan.
- Tong – Flip the chicken with the help of a tong to cook on both sides.
- Flat Bowl – Take a flat bowl to add the flour and dredge the chicken wings evenly.
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Buttermilk Fried Chicken?
- Chicken Wings- Prepare the fried chicken with buttermilk with fresh chicken wings.
- Buttermilk – Marinate the chicken wings in the buttermilk mixture.
- Hot Sauce – Add a splash of hot sauce to the buttermilk to achieve the spicy flavors.
- All-Purpose Flour – Coat the chicken wings with all-purpose flour mixed with herbs and spices.
- Oil- Choose any vegetable oil to fry the chicken wings.
- Salt- Add salt as per your taste.
- Black Pepper- Season the coating mixture with a pinch of black pepper.
- Thyme- Sprinkle some thyme to achieve minty and earthy flavors.
- Oregano- Oregano will add a pinch of spicy notes to the coating mixture.
- Rosemary – Rosemary has piney and assertive flavors that complement the meat dishes. Add a pinch of rosemary to the coating mixture to achieve better results.
- Smoked Paprika – Spice up the coating of the chicken wings with a pinch of smoked paprika.
- Garlic Powder – A pinch of garlic powder will bring out fragrant flavors.
Steps To Make Buttermilk Fried Chicken
1. Buttermilk Infusion
Take a bowl, add the chicken wings, half a cup of buttermilk, and a splash of hot sauce. Immerse the chicken wings nicely and keep them aside for an hour. Let the marinade do wonders.
2. Prep The Coating Mixture
Add all-purpose flour, a teaspoon of salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and garlic powder. Mix all the spices nicely, and the coating mixture will be ready in no time.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the coated chicken wings. Deep-fry the chicken wings until they are golden brown. Flip the wings with the help of a tong and cook on both sides. When the chicken wings are fried perfectly, remove them from the heat and serve with your favorite sauces.
How Will Buttermilk Fried Chicken Look And Taste Like?
Fried chicken with buttermilk will entice your taste buds with a crispy, tangy, and flavorful crust. The texture of the chicken wings is crispy, succulent, and perfectly fried. It is packed with a wide variety of flavors. Buttermilk Fried Chicken is incredibly delicious.
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Recipe
Buttermilk Fried Chicken is a flavorful and filling recipe. Refer to the article and follow the right steps. To make the chicken with buttermilk, you just need a handful of pantry staples and you are good to go.
- ½ pounds chicken wings
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
Marinate the chicken wings in buttermilk with a splash of hot sauce. Keep it aside for an hour.
Meanwhile, prepare the coating mixture by combining flour with the spices like thyme, rosemary, oregano, smoked paprika, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix it well.
Meanwhile, heat a pan and add oil for frying.
After one hour of marinating, dredge the chicken wings into the dry rubs. Coat the wings evenly.
Put them in the frying pan to deep-fry. Deep-fry the wings until they are golden brown.
Serve the fried chicken wings with your choice of sauces.
calories: 649calories | Carbohydrates: 53g | protein: 29g | Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 2181mg | fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long should you leave the chicken in buttermilk?
Marinating the chicken in buttermilk for up to 48 hours in the refrigerator is safe.
What does buttermilk taste like?
The sharpness of buttermilk is reminiscent of yogurt, and people prefer to try chilled buttermilk.
Why does buttermilk make chicken taste better?
The buttermilk added to the chicken is much better and gives the breading more sticking power.
Do you rinse chicken after soaking in buttermilk?
No, you don’t need to rinse chicken after soaking in buttermilk.
Check out the above fried chicken with buttermilk recipe. Refer to all the details and let us know how it goes in the comment section below.